Saturday 7 January 2012

Help me pick my Orwell Prize submissions

The start of a new year means that it is Orwell Prize nomination time. It's a nice opportunity to look back over the writing I did in the last year and try to pick out the ten I'm most proud of.

However, given that being long-listed is relatively unlikely I thought it might be useful if I used the opportunity to see how other people rate my pieces. So instead of narrowing down to ten pieces I've narrowed down to twenty.

Some of these I'm definitely submitting, some I'm probably not, but anybody interested in letting me know which they'd send is welcome to either leave a comment or email me at henrychhill[at]btinternet.com.

Update: Bold indicates articles finally selected. Thank you to all who offered their suggestions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




















20) White Poppy? White Flag


21) Long Live the Kings*


*Added afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment