Tuesday 22 June 2010

Back... World Cup time!

Well, it has been about a month since I last posted. But I've finished moving, so it's time to get back to the "serious work" of jotting my opinions down. Having not got my teeth back into the serious issues of the day yet, I thought I'd address something close to the hearts of most (I imagine) reading this.

I'm not a big football follower. I was told I *had* to support a team by my football-enthusiast brother, so I picked Heart of Midlothian as I liked the name and cheer them on occasionally. Still, one cannot avoid the World Cup and with England looking like they may fail to qualify (horror), I thought I'd draw up my list of people to cheer for. This is for World Cups in general, including that one where Northern Ireland will one day qualify ;).

First Rank: Home Nations



Simple, really.

Second Rank: Close Nations



Four I feel we have closest links too.

Third Rank: Underdogs. Whoever people heaped most scorn on (that would cover Algeria, for example). And the United States, because it's nice seeing them playing a sport everyone else plays for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment